Re: [linux-audio-dev] patches for kernel 2.4.21 ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] patches for kernel 2.4.21 ?
From: Maarten De Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 14:43:35 EEST

> and that seems strange? ;-)

no, though in the past i have been amazed sometimes :-)

> the -ac changelog. To me, it's trivial to patch the rejects, but to
> someone that isn't all that excited about it, it can be daunting.

sure, but getting the rejects to patch does not mean that the
patch is complete... i mean, new code paths might have been added
that require new stuff to be added in the patch, especially since
such a long time has passed between 2.4.20 and 2.4.21

anyway, i talked to andrew morton, and he suggests that it is better
to go for 2.5.x ...

maarten