[linux-audio-dev] ladspa/input control/control feedback

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa/input control/control feedback
From: Joost Yervante Damad (joost_AT_lumatec.be)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 13:49:31 EEST

Hi,

I have written a ladspa plugin that works with 32 byte 8 bit samples
that are played looped. At the moment I have a simple "sine" hardcoded
in the plugin, but I want to make the wave-shape controllable.

I was thinking about having 32 input control ports that define the
waveshape, but also about a 33th input control port that allows someone
to select a "preset" wave-form. (e.g. 1=sound1, 2=sound2, ...)

It would be ideal if selecting a preset wave form also automatically
changes the 32 other input controls ports, but if I am correct this is
not allowed in the current LADSPA API. I could of course make 32 output
controls and wire them back on the input controls in the ladspa host,
but this is not very nice.

One could also argue that the presets should be in the "host", but there
are many hosts, and I think having the presets coupled with the plugin
makes sense.

Any comments?

Thanks, Joost