Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Shared memory

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Shared memory
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 11:39:22 EEST

>From: Jussi Laako <jussi.laako_AT_pp.inet.fi>
>
>I haven't got any problems with shared memory,

My alsashmrec with two processes and a lock-free shared memory
buffer has worked fine for a few years. If I were not started
testing and rewriting the tools, I would not have figured out
any problems as well.

> but afterall, I don't use
>the SystemV method (shm* functions) because it sucks. I think the
>SystemV IPC stuff sucks as whole. I like to use the "real" POSIX way..

I would like to test with posix routines as well.
Can you mail me some example code? Plain ascii, no attachments.
If I would have a list of posix shm routines, I would read the
man pages, but then I did read systemv man pages as well, and that
did not help at all. :) Example code would be nice.

Best regards,

Juhana