Re: [linux-audio-dev] kernel 2.6

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] kernel 2.6
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 17:07:15 EEST

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 06:03:33AM -0700, Tim Hockin wrote:
>I haven't used kernel 2.5/2.6 for any audio stuff yet. I'm at the Linux
>Symposium this week - do we have any requests or gripes with 2.6 that I can
>relay to the core kernel guys? Audio is a workload they don't really test.

I'm not an expert at all, but I guess with the pre-empt patches in and
Andrew Morton's low latency patches, we are ok in the latency
department ?

We should (*should* cause we didn't test it yet) be ok wrt. latency, as
I hope that there are no more long held locks and most of the big kernel
lock is gone.

Any other things we can come up with ?