[linux-audio-dev] Denormal numbers

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Denormal numbers
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 11:26:49 EEST

Several people have asked me what denormal numbers are over the last few
weeks, well heres a much better description than my rambling head
scratching: http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~swh/denormal.ps

Its an extract from David Goldberg's article, "What Every Computer
Scientist Should Know about Floating-Point Arithmetic".

- Steve