Re: [linux-audio-dev] Cool Linux-based DJing tool

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Cool Linux-based DJing tool
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 21:07:07 EEST

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:21:33 -0400, Paul Winkler wrote
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 01:14:08PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 06:32:56PM +0200, Frank Neumann wrote:
> > > Homepage is at http://web.media.mit.edu/~jpatten/audiopad/ which also
> > > has a very nice 20MB Quicktime .mov file explaining how it is controlled
> > > and how it works (mplayer can play this .mov without problems once you
> > > have the codecs installed).
> >
> > OH MY GOD... i think i am in love
>
> and so quickly broken hearted :-(
>
> no source code... no binary software, even... no commercial
> version ... nothing available at all :-(

The process (at first glance, I admit) looks pretty doable, the position
cursor things are all analogue electronics according to the video, with a
computer interpreting the resonating frequencies of the coils to figure out
the positions (ok, I don't know how to do that :)) then driving the graphics.
The most expensive thing is probably the video projector.

The app they've come up with to show it off is amazing though. I think there
will be a commercial product very soon!

dave