[linux-audio-dev] modern guitar preamps modelisation DSP techniques

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] modern guitar preamps modelisation DSP techniques
From: Fabien Costantini (fabien_AT_onepost.net)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 20:32:28 EEST

Hi, I'm very interested into DSP modelisation techniques
and more precisely about Guitar preamps modelisation techniques.

Anyone have some resources, any SoA / Paper related to this subject ?

As an example, I would like to understand what dsp underlying techniques
use successful effects like :
        - the Amplitube VST software effect on mac/pc plateforms
        - For hardware effects, the Pod guitar effect from Line6
        - and some others but not so many as good ...

Thanks to Steve Harris from the audio-linux-dev mailing-list, I had a look
to some interesting spice based modelisation of a fender 12ax7 preamp at
http://quitte.de/dsp/

Does some of you have more knowledge about this ?

TIA.
Fabien Costantini.