[linux-audio-dev] gQ for Linux

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] gQ for Linux
From: kevin ernste (kevinernste_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 04:18:13 EEST

Hello -

I have recently persuaded Dan Trueman to release the source code for
his amazing real-time paragraphic EQ app, "gQ" (originally for Irix,
motif/viewkit) with the intention of finding developers interested in
porting it to Linux, ideally as a JACK client.

It was recently ported to Max (and now PD minus the graphics) as a part
of the PeRColate externals (http://www.music.columbia.edu/PeRColate/),
but both Dan and I feel a standalone Linux version would be very
useful.

Is anyone interested in helping tackle this one? I may do it myself if
there are no takers, but it will take me _much_ longer than a 'real'
coder ;>

The orignal desription as well as a shot of gQ can be found here:

http://www.music.princeton.edu/%7Edan/gQpage/gQ.html

And the source can be found here:

http://music.princeton.edu/~dan/programs.html

Note that Dan's open source lisencing terms can be found in the src
tarball's README.

Kevin

=====
"I should prefer this note not be read or, if skimmed, that it should be forgotten." - Mallarme