Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: gQ for Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: gQ for Linux
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 12:30:14 EEST

Martijn Sipkema wrote:

> [...]
> > What is 'ALport' and 'ALconfig', and where are they
> > defined?
>
> Those are part of the SGI audio library and I woudn't expect them
> to be available under Linux.

Actually they are available for Linux. Richard Kent, author of the DAP
soundfile editor, ported the SGI audio library quite some time ago. His
work is called 'tichstuff' and is available here:

        ftp://mustec.bgsu.edu/pub/linux/tichstuff.tar.gz

It includes libaudio and libaudiofile. I keep it in
/usr/local/lib/tichstuff and /usr/local/include/tichstuff to keep it
separarted from Michael Pruett's better-known libaudiofile port.
Richard's work has been most valuable in porting SGI sound software to
Linux. See this article for an account of its use in an older porting
project:

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org