Re: [linux-audio-dev] [german] Keyboards Leserbrief zum Thema Linux und Audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [german] Keyboards Leserbrief zum Thema Linux und Audio
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 15:07:23 EEST

Hi list,
koloska_AT_voiceinterconnect.de wrote:

> hat jemand von euch in der aktuellen Keyboards die Antwort von
> Herrn Hain auf die Leseranfrage zu Linux und Audio gelesen? Die
> strotzt ja nur so von Unwissen, das schier danach schreit eines
> besseren belehrt zu werden. Vielleicht könnten wir ja gemeinsam
> eine Antwort erarbeiten.
>
> Bei Interesse könnte ich heute abend auch den Text von Frage und
> Antwort hier posten (leider gibt's die Leserbriefe nicht auf der
> Keyboards Webseite).

This list is english, so please write english mails to it from now on.

I'll translate what Uwe said above:

"Has anyone of you read the answer of a Mr Hain replying to a reader's
question in the current issue of the german Keyboards magazine? It's
full of non-knowledge so that it really demands to be rectified by
someone. Maybe we can work out a good answer together.

If there is interest, I could post the question and answer text here
tonight (unfortunately the reader's articles are not available from the
Keyboards website".

My comment: If it's really such a faulty answer, it would probably be a
good idea to reply to that and give corrections. This could also help to
finally start getting Linux awareness into the minds of the heads of the
german music magazines (they've pretty much completely neglected
Linux/Audio so far). However, either we take it off-list in german, or
you'd need to post the english translation of both question and answer
here.

Whatsoever, I'll now go to the next shop and have a look at what's
written there :-).

Greetings,
Frank