Re: [linux-audio-dev] KEYBOARDS: Linux is not suited for audio applications ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] KEYBOARDS: Linux is not suited for audio applications ...
From: Stefan Nitschke (stefan_nitschke_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 13:16:00 EEST

>Hello,
>
>the german magazine KEYBOARDS has answered a readers question about audio
>and linux with tremendous ignorance. I think this is a good chance to push
>linux to the attention of "the masses".
>
>Here is the full text of question and answer (first in german, so anyone
>can correct my errors ;-).
>
>... snip

well the answer from the guy is in my opinion correct atleast for now.
You need a LL-patch to get audio work as desired and AFAIK there is
no main stream distro with that patch already applied.
Please dont misunderstand me, i love audio on Linux but there is still
some work to do until its is ready for "anyone". And i think thats what
the answer was about.

- Stefan