[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] question about cue sheet apps

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] question about cue sheet apps
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 15:48:22 EEST

> While profiling FLAC I discovered that the format includes a
> metadata format for including cue sheet data for use in CD
> mastering applications.

You mean PQ codes? According to Bob Katz (I'm just reading his book on
mastering) these should always be supplied as hard copy to the
mastering house, in addition to any metadata supplied on tape or
disc. In the early days of CD production, the PQ data would be
entered by hand at the CD plant anyway.

Cheers

Daniel