Re: [linux-audio-dev] The outline of Timidity

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] The outline of Timidity
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 13:58:27 EEST

On Monday 08 September 2003 23:10, Ravishankar K.H wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody give me a link/document which gives the details about Timidity
> code. Since, I have recently started working on audio software
> (particularly, Timidity for PDAs :) ) I would like to know the logic
> behind the code. Atleast you can send me something that explains MIDI in
> detail.

Timidity is on my list as the weirdest and most convoluted piece of code i've
ever read. I attempted to figure out which kind of CCs and RPMs did it
support and I totally failed. The source code is so messy that i dont think
It's worth dealing with unless you have a lot of time.. I suppose the good
side of it is that it works with fixed point math so it should run on PDAs?
(unlike fluidsynth). I have mailed the mantainer several times and got no
answer either.

Cheers

Juan Linietsky