Re: [linux-audio-dev] how hard could this be?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] how hard could this be?
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 14:06:01 EEST

Hi list,
Takashi wrote:

> Paul Davis wrote:
> >
> > http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/junXion-10.html
> >
> > the ALSA sequencer already provides 90% of the infrastructure
> > described. all that is needed is something to read from the game
> > controller and queue immediate MIDI events ...
>
> IIRC, Frank Neumann has already shown his tablet controller working as
> a MIDI device at the last linuxtag, and it was quite impressive.
> so, the gamepad support must be easy as well.

Ok, mine was a simple small hack, no GUI, hard-coded values and it only
worked with my particular Wacom tablet (serial port, not USB!), but I
could imagine with the kernel's HID driver it shouldn't be too difficult
to adapt to other hardware and USB, too. After all, this took a
not-really-developer like me just a few hours to do.

(And yes, I wanted to clean up and upload that little hack somewhere for
quite a while now :-).

Greetings,
Frank