Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Gungirl Sequencer 0.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Gungirl Sequencer 0.1
From: Jay Vaughan (seclorum_AT_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 18:16:19 EEST

Mario Lang wrote:
>Great! Another linux audio tool inaccessible
>to the blind. I am feeling very very left out...
[snip]
>I know, I know, we are not important to you, and a too
>small group of interest. But I had to make my
>frustration some air.

Interestingly enough, there are a lot of command line tools for audio
in Linux which are pretty fun to play with from the cmd line ... I'm
not sure the 'gripe' is valid, considering that there are definitely
more cmd-line/blind-friendly shell tools for audio in Linux than
there are for pretty much any other operating system. Well, please
correct me if I'm wrong, I do not know such things, but it appears to
me that there are more options, anyway.

That said, have you played with looptool? It is a cmd-line driven
looper/hacker app written in C for ALSA, which simply might be very
interesting to you, and your ears. Seems like it is similar to
Gungirl, only you drive the entire thing from the command line.

--

;

Jay Vaughan r&d>>music:technology:synthesizers - www.access-music.de/ *