[linux-audio-dev] midi controls API, is it possible?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] midi controls API, is it possible?
From: antoine rivoire (antoine.rivoire_AT_ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 12:45:08 EEST

Hi all,
I am working towards using a set of linux audio apps in a live context.
With recent development of Jack and apps such as djEQ and such, things
look promising. In this light, an idea came to mind. (Keep in mind that
I am thinking aloud, and that I am no expert in audio or midi
programming).
How feasible would it be to implement and a Midi controller API to have
a standard, graphical ( a la qJackconnect) application API that Synths
and such could use to change midi controllers assignment on the fly or
load existing presets?
I don't think that the audio framework that has been worked on in linux
had live use in mind, but I am convinced that it lends itself to it.

In the same context, and this might already be possible, is it possible
to have a script calling different apps with patches/presets for each
one of those? I am thinking along those lines:
during performance:
Call script -> opens say Zynaddsubfx with a certain master, Freqtweak
with a certain session, Hydrogen with a certain song etc -> call end of
piece from script which exits all these apps -> call another script for
next piece.
 Regards
 Ant-

--
antoine rivoire <antoine.rivoire_AT_ntlworld.com>