[linux-audio-dev] what happened to XAP?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] what happened to XAP?
From: Marco Ballini (marcoballini_AT_libero.it)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 20:44:43 EEST

I'm following the LADSPA and XAP discussions from the beginning.
I've some ideas about audio plugins I've been thinking about since 2001.
What I really wanted was an audio plugin API for:
- a music composition environment
- real-time music performances
All my ideas led to a sketch of an event-oriented API.
So many things are common to (what I read of) XAP that I wanted to join
the discussion, but unfortunately I had no time to do that.
I now have some free time and I would like to share my ideas with others
(a new API is a big effort).

So, what happened to XAP?
Is this list the right place for discussion on it?
Would it be better to add my ideas to "XAP spec - early scribbles"
(e-mail from Tim Hockin on 4 February 2003) or to put them in an
indipendent form?

Thanks for any answer,
- Marco