Re: [linux-audio-dev] windows musicians doing lisp?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] windows musicians doing lisp?
From: Patrice Tisserand (Patrice.Tisserand_AT_ircam.fr)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 11:08:26 EEST

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 09:27, Francois Dechelle wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 02:42, Paul Davis wrote:
> > amazing that these guys have the guts to show the screenshot ..
> >
> > http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/Symbolic-Comp-5-Mod-Win.htlm
>
> Probably:
> http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/Symbolic-Comp-5-Mod-Win.html
>

> > looks like OpenMusic to me. i guess we're still waiting for the
> > official release for linux from ircam, right?
> >

> Well, OpenMusic is visual. From what I've seen, Symbolic Composer is
> not: you can view inside OpenMusic the scores that you have generated or
> processed with graphical editors.
>
> And about the release of OpenMusic: it is almost ready. The porting has
> been completed in august, now we are packaging it (some problems because
> it depends on MidiShare and fluidsynth), but it will be ready soon
> (mid-october I presume).

If you want to try an hand installation of OpenMusic,
you can read "Installing Open Music for Linux" written by the authors of
the linux port (Gerardo Sarria and Jose Diago).
http://www.ircam.fr/equipes/repmus/omlinux/

For any bug report, use the bug tracker at Sourceforge:

OpenMusic project at sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ircam-openmusic/

Bye.