Re: [linux-audio-dev] Oss & threading -- is it possible

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Oss & threading -- is it possible
From: Tim Hockin (thockin_AT_hockin.org)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 23:31:58 EEST

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 11:14:17PM +0300, Jussi Laako wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 19:28, Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > you need to additively mix your two signals. writing them to DSP
> > orders them sequentially in time. it doesn't mix them.
>
> The commercial OSS driver does mixing and samplerate conversion.

OSS is the most disgusting API I have ever seen. For that reason alone, I
don't want to use it. I have this thing about paying attention to details,
and the OSS API, well, doesn't.

--
Notice that as computers are becoming easier and easier to use,
suddenly there's a big market for "Dummies" books.  Cause and effect,