Re: [linux-audio-dev] ow!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ow!
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 21:48:11 EEST

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 02:02:12PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> >Seriously though... that looks like it would be a pretty nice piece of
> >*hardware*, if it were about 30" wide or so. For control with a mouse
> >on a ~ 15" wide monitor, yuck. Sigh... I still don't understand why so
> >many people don't try to come up with an interface that makes good use
> >of the actual interface resources as opposed to imaginary resources :-)
>
> because thats a lot more work. doing stuff like this (once you have a
> pixmap based toolkit in place) is easy, easy, easy. devising new
> metaphors and analogies for the UI is tough, often like a research
> project.

fair enough. and it looks like this is a clone of an actual piece of
hardware. So there were compelling reasons to go that route, even though I think
stuff like this is decidedly non-optimal to use...

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's QUASI PUMPER! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)