Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] LADCCA without JACK ?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] LADCCA without JACK ?
From: Bob Ham (rah_AT_bash.sh)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 12:57:44 EET

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 00:35, "?rshТoi8-r?Q?" wrote:
> > From: Bob Ham <rah_AT_bash.sh>
> >
> > > Why can't ladccad daemon start up without jack server being running?
> >
> > LADCCA was written with the assumption that jack is a system service,
> > along the lines of ALSA, X, syslog, etc.
>
> well, ladccad does not refuse to sturt up without X or syslog being running.

Those are just examples of system services, rather than system services
that LADCCA uses.

> > LADCCA is a session manager
> > for clients of jack; not jack itself.
>
> A thought it is a session manager for Linux Audio (as in LAdcca)
> not exclisively for jackified applications.
> Sigh...

Let me rephrase: LADCCA is a session manager for jack and alsa sequencer
*clients*; not the services themselves.

> Are there plans for laddcca to support jack-less operation?

Yes.

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah_AT_bash.sh>

"At some point, keystroke recorders got installed on several machines at Valve. Our speculation is that these were done via a buffer overflow in Outlook's preview pane." -- Gabe Newell on the Half-Life 2 source leak