RE: [linux-audio-dev] Does NI run Traktor FS on Linux through Wine ?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Does NI run Traktor FS on Linux through Wine ?
From: Florian Schirmer (florian.schirmer_AT_native-instruments.de)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 16:41:19 EET

Hi,

>Anyone got more infos about this ?
>(I'd interested if Wine is performant enough etc ....)

Threading and file access functions are kind of sluggish but overall
behaviour is very good. With some tweaks like direct ALSA & glibc interface
the (worst case) latency and reliability are much better than under MS
Windows.

>Are these standard kernels, did they use patches or did they write their
>own ?

No just well known things like LL and Preempt.

>(where are the sources ? are they objeing the GPL license ?)

Sources and GPL license are shipping on the CD. Just tell me what you need
and i'll send it to you.

Best regards,
   Florian

---
-> Florian Schirmer         -> Software Developer
-> NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH  -> florian.schirmer_AT_native-instruments.de
-> Schlesische Straße 28    -> http://www.native-instruments.de
-> D-10997 Berlin           -> Tel. +49-30-61 10 35-0
-> Germany                  -> Fax  +49-30-61 10 35-35
---
New:

INTAKT - The most powerful loop sampler ever => http://www.ni-intakt.com

NI KOMPLETE - Nine instruments in one gigantic package => http://www.ni-komplete.com