Re: [linux-audio-dev] Using Jack for "Control Volt" continued

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Using Jack for "Control Volt" continued
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_salemradiolabs.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 16:33:59 EET

On Sunday 09 November 2003 03:11, Paul Winkler wrote:

> Most audio circuits include "coupling" capacitors that block
> DC voltages. Transformers work too. I would be amazed if any soundcard
> will pass a DC voltage.

I know of at least one manufacturer (Digital Audio Labs,
http://www.digitalaudiolabs.com/) that makes cards capable of this, although
even there you need to set an internal jumper to enable it (default=DC
blocked). I'm told that this is because their products are frequently used
in general-purpose instrumentation setups, as well as strictly audio
applications.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development |
| | Salem Radio Labs |
| Some people say a front-engine car handles best. Some people say a |
| rear-engine car handles best. I say a rented car handles best. |
| --P.J. O'Rourke |