Re: [linux-audio-dev] Fwd: [[NO] PATCH] cfq + io priorities

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Fwd: [[NO] PATCH] cfq + io priorities
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 06:08:14 EET

>I guess this will be of interest to some of you...
>An even newer version has shown up on linux-kernel.

its not clear how useful this really is. we know that the disk i/o
system can't keep up with realtime needs by definition - there has to
be a significant buffer between the disk and the RT audio thread. i'd
be suprised if it really helps any actual apps, because they've
already got this buffer in place, and the buffer hides the lack of
dedicated resource allocation on the part of the kernel.

am i missing something?