Re: [linux-audio-dev] and just to finalize ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] and just to finalize ...
From: Uwe Koloska (koloska_AT_voiceinterconnect.de)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 10:22:20 EET

Paul Davis wrote:

what a night (paul simon on the famous A&G concert in central park)
> 6) [ only if we really wanted hosts to have a "real" handle on the
> plugin GUI window ] the library would need to contain a way to
> pass in an X "Window", and wrap it up as a native drawing area
> for each toolkit. i would prefer not to do this for now, if ever.

What about reparenting the window like the window manager does?
  I must confess: I don't know anything about programming this
but have "heard" about the concept. AFAIK, any window can be
absorbed by a container -- but I don't know what this really and
programmatically means. So it's just an idea ...

Uwe

--
voiceINTERconnect www.voiceinterconnect.de
... smart speech applications from germany