Re: [linux-audio-dev] Tracker

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Tracker
From: Ken Locarnini (renueden_AT_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 05:23:23 EET

Unfortunately this world runs on money. People need it to survive and I
think that there is only so much time in a persons life, so if choosing
between having some money and getting paid for one's time, that "need" will
drive one into win?

I think the biggest problem with open source development is that too many
are trying to be the next coding superstar. Everyone wants to build their
own version of said software, but applications like Sonar, have teams of
programmers. Muse is a complex app, but how many are working on it? At the
level it is at, to go any farther, teams are needed. If we want quality,
usable alternatives to windows apps, we need to work together.

Ken