Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: simple jack-client [jack-net-cat]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: simple jack-client [jack-net-cat]
From: Apostolos Dimitromanolakis (apostolos_AT_aei.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 18:42:32 EET

  I would ask the following question.. Since syncing two different
cards is a problem due to clock inaccuracy, why don't we just add a
sample or two to the fastest card every so when the cards become out of
sync. This would mean probably duplicating (or interpolating) a single
sample on the fastest card to slow it down. It will be completely
inaudible. The frequency this happens shold be every 20-30 seconds,
after doing some calculation with 44100 sampling rate, 64x oversampling
and 5 PPM (point per million accurate crystals).