Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: POSIX caps/realtime/root processes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: POSIX caps/realtime/root processes
From: Roger Larsson (roger.larsson_AT_norran.net)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 21:01:15 EET

On Thursday 27 November 2003 13.42, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Martijn Sipkema wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > So how is the low-latency situation for 2.6? I did install 2.6 on
> > > my private machine, but was not able to get better performance
> > > than 2.4 with ll+pre (kicked out of jack-graph pretty soon with 128
> > > frames period). Is there a trick to get better lowlatency performance
> > > with 2.6 I don't know about?
> >
> > Did you compile with CONFIG_PREEMPT enabled?
>
> Yes. :)

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency ?
If you have enabled "Control low latency with sysctl"

It might be possible that something like lock break is needed...

Lots of good stuff is available at:
        http://www.tech9.net/rml/linux/
But most are for 2.4 or early 2.5 kernels

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteċ