Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] linux audio on PPCi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] linux audio on PPCi
From: Christian Schoenebeck (christian.schoenebeck_AT_epost.de)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 02:18:51 EET

Es geschah am Sonntag, 30. November 2003 21:52 als Robert Jonsson schrieb:
> I think this an urban myth, the Nvidia drivers may be proprietary but they
> are well functioning. Actually there are opensource drivers for nvidia
> chips, it is true though that only the proprietary drivers support OpenGL.
> The situation isn't much different with ATI, tbough there may be open
> source OpenGL enabled drivers, last time I checked it was a real pain to
> get them to work and they don't support all cards.

Fact is I had serious crashs caused by the Nvidia opengl driver, although I
have to admit that was one year ago and on the other hand I have a Radeon
9000 where opengl works just fine with a normal X installation. I had to drop
one "chipset" line into XF86Config-4 for the Radeon to work, but that's
nothing compared to the Nvidia stress.

Best regards
Christian