Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] linux audio on PPCi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] linux audio on PPCi
From: Richard Spindler (csad2715_AT_uibk.ac.at)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 10:28:55 EET

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 11:42, vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be wrote:
> I am contemplating buying a laptop of some sort, to develop on.
> I was wondering how many of you are using an x86 laptop and how
> many are using a ppc laptop :)

I own an Apple iBook running Yellow Dog Linux, but I do not run a
patched low-latency Kernel, 'cause I use portaudio for my application,
so I don't know much about this.
But other thatn that, it works very well, the only problem I experienced
in the audio world, referred with 'groovit', I was unable to compile it.

Standby-mode and the volume and brightness keys works very well.
External VGA does not work, so I have to boot up macosx when doing
presentations.

-Richard