Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] linux audio on PPCi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] linux audio on PPCi
From: Niklas Werner (bergtroll_AT_gmx.li)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 13:23:18 EET

Am Donnerstag, 27. November 2003 11:42 schrieb vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be:
> I am contemplating buying a laptop of some sort, to develop on.
> I was wondering how many of you are using an x86 laptop and how
> many are using a ppc laptop :in
I am using a Powerbook G3 500 and a G4 1.25 both with gentoo. They are
simply great, quiet, cool, powerful (at least the G4 one) machines :-)

The new AlBooks DO have mic-in and line-in again!
Stay away from nvidia on any non-x86 platform, you will never get a decent
driver for those graphics-boards, whereas ATI-drivers at least offer good
2D-performance on newer chips and eventually will offer full
OpenGL-support. (read: ATI is more helpful than nvidia, though their
support of the dri-project lags a bit behind their
x86-binary-only-drivers)

Have fun*

Niklas