Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] swh plugins release

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] swh plugins release
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 10:41:30 EET

Steve Harris wrote:
> http://plugin.org.uk/releases/0.4.3/
>
> New plugins:
>
> Butterworth filter plugin (Alexander Ehlert)
> Impulse generator plugin (Andy Wingo)
> Delay plugin (Andy Wingo)
> Signal decay plugin (Andy Wingo)
> DJEQ plugin (me)
> Reverse Delay plugin (Jesse Chappell)
> Expander plugin (me, more-or-less untested)
> Vinyl sound plugin (me)
>
> Improvements:
>
> Improvements to the IIR filter code (Alexander Ehlert)
> Gain and delay correction factors for hilbert transformer (Fons Adriaensen)
> Make biquads internally float/douable at compile time (me)
> Changes to pitch scale (can't remember why, me)
> Added latency reporting ports to (most) plugins that need them (me)
> Updated README and auto* stuff (me)
> Changes to allow building under Win32 (Audacity Project)
> Fixed UID clash (me)
>
> - Steve

whohooo!

builds fine, except for those warnings:

ladspa-util.h: In function `f_trunc':
ladspa-util.h:110: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules

however, when i use --enable-sse, gcc falls apart:

ladspa-util.h: In function `runRateShifter':
ladspa-util.h:78: internal compiler error: in emit_move_insn, at expr.c:3149
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.suse.de/feedback> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [rate_shifter_1417.so.o] Error 1

has anyone submitted this to the gcc folks? or is it a known problem?
i would love to be able to use sse, it might really help my old-ish box
up to speed.

best,

jörn

--
To someone whose only tool is a hammer, each problem looks like a nail.
	- Edsger W. Dijkstra, EWD838

Jörn Nettingsmeier Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server) http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)