Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Security Module for realtime audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Security Module for realtime audio
From: Jesper Anderson (jesper_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 02:38:44 EET

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 12:13:48PM -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 12:49:24AM +0100, Jesper Anderson wrote:
> > GTK has been like that for years now. Check the archives of SLASH'EM,
> > a Nethack clone, for lots of back and forth. In short, they're not
> > going to change.
>
> Do they have a valid reason? Or are they just imposing their paranoia on us
> for fun?

Their explanation is here:

http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html

They've met a lot of resistance and not backed down yet; I seriously
doubt they will. Therefore, coding around it in a consistent way will
be necessary. I'll dig in my archives and see what I can find ...
although I'm not sure an of it is useful.

Jesper