Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Security Module for realtime audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Security Module for realtime audio
From: torbenh_AT_gmx.de
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 16:11:13 EET

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:38:59PM -0600, Jack O'Quin wrote:

> Not right now. I haven't discovered a way to add an entry to /proc
> without patching the kernel, and I don't want to do that. There is a
> new `sysfs' in 2.6 that seems to allow similar kinds of dynamic
> control. I haven't figured out how to use that yet.

patching is not necessary. look at
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/proc_fs.h

there are the functions for creating a proc entry.
should be some 10 lines of code including handling the string to int
conversion.

> The load time access is not so bad. You can rmmod and then reload the
> LSM if you want to change its parameters. I've been doing that a lot
> for testing. This has no effect on processes that are already
> running.

thats why i dont consider it necessary. what do you need the proc entry
for fernando ?

the question is, if we want to backport the functionality to 2.4...
then we would need the proc entry in the 2.6 module also for
consistency.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language