Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sharing Music

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sharing Music
From: Hans Fugal (hans_AT_fugal.net)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 00:32:55 EET

/* Quoth Mark Constable <markc_AT_renta.net>
   on Tue, 9 Dec 2003 at 15:56 +1000
   in <200312091556.34534.markc_AT_renta.net> */
> Yep, very intested in any linux/open music... got a URL ?

Like I say, I'm still very much an amateur, but here goes:
http://hans.fugal.net/music/

Notes:
fuguecm - Bach's Fugue in C minor, rendered with Csound.

randblues - Wrote a script to generate a random walking 'melody' that
would fit a blues progression. The rest was done mostly in DP on a mac,
so perhaps doesn't precisely qualify as linux music.

shadow_flame - Inspired by the opening sequence of The Two Towers (and
of course the passage in the book). The vocals are by festival. The
music and mixing was done in an extreme hurry (class deadline, I had
lost my work), made possible thanks to TerminatorX and Audacity.

time_flies - Musique concrete, again done in DP. The sounds are my watch
on a desk.

nmidi - network midi client akin to aseqnet (but performs better). It
was intended as a partial mwpp implementation and perhaps will be
someday, but as it stands it isn't very faithful to mwpp. :-)

--
 Hans Fugal                 | De gustibus non disputandum est.
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | Debian, vim, mutt, ruby, text, gpg