Re: [linux-audio-dev] Which API to use for simple clients?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Which API to use for simple clients?
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_salemradiolabs.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 05:10:52 EET

On Friday 02 January 2004 15:13, Joost Diepenmaat wrote:

> > Both have existing /dev/dsp style backends at present, which have been
> > working fine. But recently (SuSE 9.0 install?) when run under ALSA
> > emulation of /dev/dsp they both started producing segfaults - "after
> > program had exited", (neither valgrind nor gdb can give any info on the
> > fault).

Do either/both of these use pthreads by any chance? I've run into the exact
same situation recently (crashing at exit, on SuSE 9.0) when using pthreads
with dynamic linking. Try building things statically, and see if your
results change.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development |
| | Salem Radio Labs |
| Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have. |
| -- Harry Emerson Fosdick |