Re: [linux-audio-dev] Tascam US-122

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Tascam US-122
From: Martin Langer (martin-langer_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 23:17:56 EET

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 06:17:22PM +0000, Klaus Bickert wrote:
> Recently bought a Tascam US-122 interface (24bit/96khz 2 in/2out w mic

no. only 44.1 and 48 kHz

> phantom preamp, 2 midi, phones, direct monitoring).
> Works great on Megascrap. Found a hint on US-428 driver supporting it
> but doesnt work on a Suse 8.2 (Kernel 2.4.20), seems to lack other parts
> of module stack, cant identify. Suggestions anyone, please ?

I'm happy with my US122, too :-)

Alsa supports it since version 1.0.0pre3. I've used kernels 2.4.22-24
succesfully, but my first try with 2.4.19 was a catastrophe.
Don't forget to install usx2yloader (alsa-tools + alsa-firmware) and check
the requirements (fxload, hotplug scripts and some kernel features).

More information http://alpha/langerland/us122/

martin

--
The only nice thing about spam is that it doesn't ring.