[linux-audio-dev] License for sounds

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] License for sounds
From: David Olofson (david_AT_olofson.net)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 12:31:30 EET

I'm trying to figure out what license to use for the demo sounds and
songs that come with Audiality. I don't think the songs are of much
interest beyond demonstrating the engine, so I'll probably just ask
that people don't use them in their projects without permission.

However, the sounds (or rather, the scripts that render them) are
intended to be usable in about the same way as the rest of Audiality.
That is, as is or modified, in Free/Open Source, freeware and
commercial projects. No royalties, no advertising clause or anything.

Here's the problem: I'd like derived sounds to remain open source, but
I'm not sure it makes sense to require it, like the LGPL does. The
X11 license might be more sensible. What do you think?

| Free/Open Source audio engine for games and multimedia. |