Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 11:05:00 EET

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 09:06:49 +0100, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> To summarize:
>
> 1. LAD should be an access point for all linux audio developers

Maybe, but its not. I'm not even sure it should be. There a lot of people
who just dont have time to read LAD, and if there were even more
traffic then some existing subscribers would have to leave.

I'm not knocking LAD, but it can't (and shouldn't) speak for all linux
audio developers (and neither can or should linuxaudio.org). LAD has its
own agenda that not all linux audio developers will agree with.

> > LADSPA -> Richard Furse. Although LADSPA is still _the_ example
> > of LAD people working together, we were not closing
> > in on any kind of solution in our discussions back
> > in 1999-2000. Richard went ahead and put the pieces
> > together, and ta-daa, we had a standard.
>
> Lots of issues have been discussed before and after the standard
> release. I guess there are significant contributions from at least Steve
> and Paul.

It was before my time.

- Steve