Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Tim Orford (tim_AT_orford.org)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 21:39:58 EET

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:23:08PM +0100, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> > :-)
> > Ok, point taken, although i disagree that we have seen nothing.
> > I intended to be constructive, but am admittedly frustrated at the
> > complete lack of acknowledgement/understanding of any of my points.
>
> Tim (Orford), i agree with everything you've said in this thread.
>
> Marek

Marek, I'm very sorry i dont have the energy to give you more support.
Penetrating the LAD Reality Distortion Field seems particularly
difficult this week.

I have to face the fact that i have been spectacularly
unproductive here over the last 2 years, despite my best efforts.
Its time for me to leave and get on with my life. I have two
pieces of advice which people can interpret however they wish:

Firstly, i wish the consortium well, but i think that whether the
members agree with individual criticisms or not, tact and diplomacy are
two vitally important characteristics of such an organisation, and as
such it should aim for criticisms to be constructively diffused rather
than enflamed with platitudes. I do hope lessons have been learnt.

Secondly, before actively undertaking promotion, i strongly urge all
developers to think seriously and objectively about what exactly they
are promoting and how it compares with commercial software in terms of
features and usability. It appals me that certain people are putting
their lives on the line without a _much_ better understanding of the
current state of the art.

Best wishes to all

--
Tim Orford