Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 03:52:34 EET

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 17:14, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 05:15:24 +0100, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> >

> > > * I can think of several academics who use and develop linux audio
> > > software daily and who never read or post to LAD, and all the commercial
> > > developers
> >
> > http://www.eca.cx/lad/2003/11/0010.html
>
> I dont think one guy is really representative of the industry, though it
> is good to see commercial guys here.

http://eca.cx/lad/2003/09/0190.html

or there's Fred Gleason - Salem Radio Labs.

The question is - who's the representative of the industry and whether
providing a virtual consortium will change the situation.

I propose the following - on sounds expo we should promote LAD and oss,
linux audio projects such as:

(in no particular order)

*Ardour
*ALSA
*Jack
*JAMin
*LADSPA+swh-plugins
*LinuxSampler
*Lilypond
etc

Linux audio distros such as AGNULA, dyne:bolic etc

It should become another LAD event where the linux audio developers
present their work(such as ZKM LAD conference, LinuxTag LAD booth).

comments?

Marek