[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] New name for ladcca?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] New name for ladcca?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 06:41:38 EET

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 12:03:37AM +0000, Bob Ham wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The name "LADCCA" was always intended to be a working name but even
> though there's a long way to go, it's out there and people seem to be
> using it. I wouldn't worry about it that much, but the first thing
> anyone seems to say about LADCCA is "what a horrible name" :) I'm crap
> at thinking up stuff like this (JACK Rack was originally called "JACK
> LADSPA Host" :) so if anyone has any decent ideas, please let me know.

LASM - linux audio session manager
LASMA - linux audio session management API
SMASH - session management API sure helps!
SMACK - session management API cures kludges?? err, no.
SMART - session management and retrieval tools?

/me ducks

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's SHARPSHOOTER IN BED WITH A GIRL! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)