Re: [linux-audio-dev] Project: modular synth editor

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Project: modular synth editor
From: Jens M Andreasen (jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 05:11:25 EET

Hi!

Regarding recycling of voices ..

I use four ques:

1) Voices that are off and has silenced. These voices are always safe to
assign. If this que is empty then I'll look for ...

2) Voices that are off but still running. Pick the oldest one if any,
else try ...

3) Voices that are held. They are off but still running in their "on
state" because the hold-pedal is down. If this que is also empty, then
the only thing left to do is ...

4) Pick the oldest voice in the running que, assuming that the music
breaks completely if the rythm gets lost.

cheers // Jens M Andreasen