Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_linuxaudio.org)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 12:01:28 EET

> > there are people /other/ than linux audio developers who will be
> > on the stand at Sounds Expo. its not just an audio development
> > forum.
>
> such as?

Users and musicians. I'm no developer - never claimed to be.

> > > I propose the following - on sounds expo we should promote LAD
> > > and oss, linux audio projects such as:
> > >
> > > (in no particular order)
> > >
> > > *Ardour *ALSA *Jack *JAMin *LADSPA+swh-plugins *LinuxSampler
> > > *Lilypond etc
> > >
> > > Linux audio distros such as AGNULA, dyne:bolic etc

That is what we will be promoting - there's no disagreement here.

> > i believe Daniel is planning the event....
>
> So then let him speak for himself.

I've been in the studio for a few days, as it happens - I appreciate
that iriXx stepped in to answer that, as she's been involved in
planning for the event too.

It's true that I did initiate the arrangement whereby the Linux audio
community gets representation at a major UK audio industry trade
show, on the basis that we will be offering free advice and
information rather than a sales pitch. The organisers have agreed to
give us the stand at cost, which they didn't have to do.

Cheers

Daniel