[linux-audio-dev] Re: Project: modular synth editor

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Project: modular synth editor
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 18:05:15 EET

>From: "Dave Griffiths" <dave_AT_pawfal.org>
>
>I'm currently working on an opengl user interface for a game I'm writing.
>Once you get a scenegraph set up (so child widgets inherit parent
>transforms etc) it's not too hard to get something working.

What would be that "something"? Not much?

I recently proposed that GDK/GTK should be extended with OpenGL widgets
so that there are no two distinct systems a developer have to use.
It simply does not work if a developer has to write, e.g. menu
routines from scratch.

Converting a large GTK application to use OpenGL widgets would then be
an easy task.

Regards,
Juhana