Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Andrea Glorioso (andrea.glorioso_AT_agnula.org)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 20:54:59 EET

Dave Robillard <drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca> writes:

> ? Grow up. I mentioned a concern about the list being closed and
> all of a sudden I'm being flamed and made fun of? (The first thing
> I ever said in this discussion I might add) Maybe if you're trying
> to 'represent' people you should adopt a mannerism not
> characteristic of 14-year-old script kiddies.

Sigh. I guess next time I'll have to add a longer disclaimer. For
the record, I didn't mean to take fun on you. I was trying (albeit
with poor results) to have some fun together (maybe <auto-ironic> is a
better tag, I don't know).

> The list was closed, it shouldn't have been closed,

That's an opinion. Given that "the list" was simply a group of Cc:
(turned into a list for purely practical reasons) I beg to disagree.

> now it isn't, problem over. Besides, if you have such a problem
> with openness maybe you shouldn't be trying to represent a community
> founded upon it.

I still don't understand how the Linuxaudio.org consortium is
represting anyone but its members (as is the case for all consortia,
which usually don't represent anyone but their own members).

> (For the record, I didn't used to think linuxaudio.org was a bad idea at
> all. Now I'm not so sure.)

Simply because of my bad sense of humour (or my lack of expressive
capabilities, partly due to the fact I'm not a native english
speaker)? I'm quite sure there are plenty of factual reasons on which
to base one's own judgement of the Consortium, be it positive or
negative. Its activities could be a good start.

P.S.: maybe we could move this thread somewhere else. I feel a bit OT
here.

bye,

andrea