Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 21:29:16 EET

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 13:54, Andrea Glorioso wrote:
> Dave Robillard <drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca> writes:
>
> > ? Grow up. I mentioned a concern about the list being closed and
> > all of a sudden I'm being flamed and made fun of? (The first thing
> > I ever said in this discussion I might add) Maybe if you're trying
> > to 'represent' people you should adopt a mannerism not
> > characteristic of 14-year-old script kiddies.
>
> Sigh. I guess next time I'll have to add a longer disclaimer. For
> the record, I didn't mean to take fun on you. I was trying (albeit
> with poor results) to have some fun together (maybe <auto-ironic> is a
> better tag, I don't know).

'Apology' accepted, and sorry for getting offended, but I'm sure you can
understand - I voiced a concern, and essentially was lumped in with the
slashdot "Micro$loth sux0rz" crowd.

Anyway, I think the general lesson to be learned here (for everyone I
mean) is to tread carefully and mind /everyone's/ opinions and
concerns. Not all of us are simply mindbent on linux world domination
(and some of us are). Some people take this whole freedom thing very
seriously, and get mighty defensive when it's threatened. That is the
whole point of our little operating system here, after all..

> P.S.: maybe we could move this thread somewhere else. I feel a bit OT
> here.

I don't really intend on dragging this out any farther than it's already
gone. :)

-Dave