Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] new LADSPA plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] new LADSPA plugins
From: Tom Szilagyi (st444_AT_hszk.bme.hu)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 14:46:12 EET

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Tom Szilagyi hat gesagt: // Tom Szilagyi wrote:
>
> > * TAP Reverberator
> > Actually no less than 38 reverberator effects,
> > ranging from Afterburn to Warehouse, including
> > small/medium/large rooms, halls, plates...
> > and more!
>
> I cannot hear it. :( I'm testing the reverb in Pd but although I crank
> up decay times and played with dry/wet I cannot hear a reverb. I can
> hear a bit of (seemingly high pass) filtering, but no real
> reverbaration at all. I should hear a hall when selecting say "Smooth
> Hall", shouldn't I? Changing presets seems to work, as the filtering
> gets different when changing presets, but here I wouldn't call this a
> reverb. Maybe someone could provide a small ogg which shows what I
> should hear?

Is it possible that the comb and/or allpass filters are turned off? I
don't know how Pd displays plugins (i don't know Pd at all, maybe i should take
a look) but there should be 4 toggle buttons somewhere saying "Comb
Filters", "Allpass Filters", "Bandpass Filter", "Enhanced Stereo".
If all buttons are on, i don't have an idea right now, but think, think...

Tom