Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA presets was: [ANN] new LADSPA plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA presets was: [ANN] new LADSPA plugins
From: Jan Weil (Jan.Weil_AT_web.de)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 23:55:24 EET

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 20:40, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Mike Rawes wrote:
> >
> > A host could read in each of the Point values, and present them in a
> > drop-down list for example.
>
> Done it. Hope i didn't overlook anything. I'm not sure if Ardour uses RDF
> info for anything other than displaying the category column in the plugin
> selector dialog, but let's hope there will be at least 1 host for which
> this will solve the presets displaying problem :)
>
> Updated to tap-0.1-1, with the docs patched of course. If someone has the
> nerve to check my RDF file, i would be very thankful! I don't feel like an
> RDF wizard yet, and won't want to cause more confusion with it (in case
> it's plain wrong) than without it at all...
>
> If someone has any more suggestions about how to achieve better host
> independency, please tell :)

Tom, I've never written a LADSPA plugin myself, so beware!
Would it be possible to move everything from tap_reverb_presets.h to rdf
presets?
It seems you'd have to pass all your filter data through ports.
But doing so one could create new filter presets without a recompile.
Does that make sense?
Control ports communicate single values only.
Could audio ports be used to transfer the filter data?
Hmmm, my guts tell me this is not 'LADSPA-ish'.

Jan