Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modulars

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modulars
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 20:41:53 EET

Hallo,
Juhana Sadeharju hat gesagt: // Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> Below is an unfinished list of modular synths. Better than nothing.
> This kind of simple lists gives a good overall picture of the situation.

I still don't understand what "Script UI" means. For example: In what
way has jMax a "Script UI" and Pd not?

> Source Graph Script
> Name Code GUI UI Author/Notes
> jMax Yes Yes Yes IRCAM
> PD Yes Yes No Miller Puckette

There are several solutions to scripting Pd's GUI and more of Pd (BTW:
In the docs it's called "Pd" not, "PD", I don't know if this is
offical). You can script Pd with Python, TCL, Scheme/Guile and you
even can use a totally independent GUI for Pd called gripd which is
written in wxpython.

Maybe you could explain a bit deeper how to understand the meaning of
"Script UI" ?

ciao